Sunday 21 June 2015

Windows 8 and 8.1 Missing Application Updates and Missing Applications

People with Skype (on a laptop OR computer) could be vulnerable.
So you should check if theirs an update if your on windows 8 or 8.1!!!

I know a lot of windows 8 users hate it, many don't even explore it, in fact most are fed up looking in "Control Panel" and "Settings" just to find stuff previous windows held in the same location for ease of use...

SO.. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that they also split updates and moved them to "Store"

I have barely messed with windows 8 or 8.1, however today i got a strange file type i didn't know, normally id google that like *.extension, only windows 8.1 asked if ide like to look in the store (xbox users will be used to this interface)  anyways while looking in the store i noticed it said Updates!!
Im thinking wtf is this, so i clicks it and hits update and down come some updates that windows update is NOT showing me... to get to this screen click start, or press your windows key (then top right corner search for the word store)  But keep reading my post.. it gets even more bizarre.
Note their was around 19 updates their before i hit the screen shot...

So while these updates are coming down (and im still shocked Skype is their rather than in windows update)   I decided to hit Account and then go into My Apps.. their i find what came with my OEM version of windows 8.1, to my shock i see games that where essentially awarded to my account simply due to my windows serial number (but remember what you see in the screen shot below is linked to my Hotmail)  suddenly i feel like i have an apple id for windows...
NOTE i never Purchased any of these, they must be OEM gifted..

But frankly i am disgusted that my operating system came pre-instaled with Skype which has sat needing updates for god knows how long while as a messenger application has put my system at risk..


written by TheWraith517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean... and on topic